Local Coordinator Recruitment
The Local Coordinator plays a very important role in the InterExchange Au Pair USA program. Local Coordinators are the regional representatives of the Au Pair USA program, providing year-round support to host families and au pairs in their community's cluster. Local Coordinators work from home part time to promote the au pair program and to ensure all program participants are following the U.S. Department of State guidelines, as well as InterExchange Au Pair USA program policies.
Local Coordinators assume a variety of roles, including marketer, mentor, mediator and group leader. It is a challenging yet rewarding position and many Local Coordinators develop lasting friendships with their host families and au pairs. Read about our Au Pair of the Year winners to learn more about the relationship between au pairs and their host families.
The right candidate will offer support and guidance to host families and au pairs, plan fun and educational events for au pairs and develop a larger client base through community and online marketing initiatives. See the Au Pair USA blog and our growing number of Local Coordinator blogs to find our more about what is currently happening with the program and in our local clusters.
Are you a driven individual who is passionate about cultural exchange, making connections with families in your community and offering support to both families and au pairs? Then we want to hear from you!
- In-home screenings and meetings with host families and au pairs
- Maintaining contact and providing ongoing support to host families and au pairs
- Organizing monthly cultural events for the au pairs in your group
- Learning, following and enforcing U.S. Department of State regulations
- Working to develop a larger client base through community and internet marketing initiatives
- On occasion, briefly housing au pairs during transitory periods
- Flexible, adaptable and reliable
- Creative, energetic and goal-oriented
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates networking skills and grassroots marketing experience
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Well-versed in child care needs and solutions for busy, working families
- A people person and an excellent judge of character
- Able to provide references and submit to a background check
- Legal to work in the U.S.
- Has a valid driver's license and the ability to drive up to one hour from home and back on a regular basis
- Able to travel to domestic trainings and conferences
- Promoting and/or involvement with cultural exchange programs
- Sales and marketing
- Counseling, mediation and conflict resolution
- Work with young adults of varied cultural backgrounds
- Work with diverse populations and personalities
- Grassroots sales and community marketing
- Traveling/living abroad
- College graduate preferred
- Up-to-date computer skills