The Local Coordinator: Support and Assistance throughout Your Stay
When you’re in the U.S., your Au Pair USA local coordinator will be an important source of support and guidance. Supportive, warm, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, your local coordinator will help make sure you have a great experience with your host family. They will also organize monthly outings with all the au pairs in the area, so you’ll have the opportunity to take part in fun and memorable events with your peers.
The Role of the Local Coordinator
Your local coordinator is always available to answer your questions and provide assistance, and you’ll also meet with them throughout your stay—especially during the early stages of your stay. Your local coordinator will:
- Check in with you within 48 hours of when you arrive at your host family's home
- Meet with you and your host family two weeks after you arrive
- Host monthly “cluster activities” for the au pairs in your area
- Send a monthly newsletter to you and your host family
- Be your first point of contact in case of an emergency or a problem
Local coordinators are an essential part of the Au Pair USA family. We encourage you to get to know your local coordinator and take advantage of their expertise and enthusiasm!
Meet Au Pair USA Local Coordinators