Finding A Perfect Team for Your Summer Camp
You understand how important it is to find just the right people to work at camp. Filling summer camp jobs isn't always easy. You need to consider the personalities and skill of your counselors and support staff and match them to the unique needs of your campers. Here are a few things to ask yourself as you begin to think about filling camp counselor jobs and support staff positions:
- Who were the most popular counselors and staff members at your camp last summer? What made them so special?
- How do you market your camp experience?
- What is your camper demographic & can international staff expand or solidify that demographic?
- What are the most important qualities you look for in camp counselors or staff?
- What's the “personality” of your camp (Friendly? Adventurous? High-Energy? Artistic?)
- What new activities are you trying to incorporate into your program?
- What skills are hard to find in counselors or staff?
- Do you need counselors or staff members who speak other languages?
- How diverse is your employee population?