Applications for Working Abroad Grants must be received no later than 8 weeks prior to your program start date. Please submit hard copies of all the following materials via mail (electronic documents are not accepted):
- Completed and signed Working Abroad Grant Application
- Personal essay - A short essay (1 – 2 pages) that answers the following question: How will your work abroad experience help you to become a global citizen?
- Supplemental essay - A brief essay (2 – 3 paragraphs) answering one of the following questions: 1. Explain how your chosen Working Abroad experience will enrich your understanding of the world. 2. What do you wish to learn about the country where you will live and the culture of the people there?
- Two letters of recommendation from academic instructors and/or employers - signed and sealed (may be submitted separately)
- Resume (no longer than 1 page)
- Photocopy of valid U.S. passport or permanent resident card
Telephone interviews may be conducted as part of the selection process. Please indicate your contact information and availability on the application form.
Mail Your Application to:
Attn: Grant Selection Committee
161 Sixth Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10013