Become an Au Pair in Turkey
At the crossroads of Europe and Asia, Turkey is one of the most fascinating countries in the world. Turkey offers something for everyone: amazing architecture, historical sites, stunning coastlines, picturesque mountains and waterfalls. There are hundreds of cultural events to enjoy in Turkey throughout the year including international music, theater, opera, jazz and cinema festivals, as well as sporting events. On the coast, there are plenty of opportunities for sailing, wind surfing or scuba diving. it all depends on what you want to do!!
As an au pair in Turkey, you’ll enjoy a true insight into daily life with a Turkish family. During your time off, you can take Turkish classes, meet other international au pairs, sip Turkish tea at the outdoor cafes, shop for artisan gifts at the local markets, take a tour of historical attractions or enjoy the stunning beaches. We offer both a summer program (2-3 months) and a regular program (6-12 months).
Most of the host families who request an au pair are affluent and live in large homes (most of them with gardens, swimming pools, gyms and 24 hour security). Many also like to vacation on the Mediterranean coast and prefer to host au pairs who enjoy the beach and sailing.
The majority of the families live in Istanbul (the biggest city in Turkey and the capital of commerce, culture and history) but some live in Izmir (the biggest city on the Aegean coast), Ankara (capital of Turkey) and Antalya (the biggest city in the Mediterranean region). As an au pair, you will be required to provide a maximum of 40-45 hours of child care per week. You will be expected to do light housework related to the children. You will be part of your host family, participating in meals and excursions. You will have the opportunity to take language classes, have private tutoring and meet other au pairs with whom you can spend free time in the city and visit other tourist attractions in Turkey.
You will receive:
- Placement with a carefully screened host family
- A private room and full board
- A stipend of $200 per week (the final stipend will be included in the contract)
- The opportunity to take Turkish language classes (6 hours per week)
- At least 1 complete day off per week
- 24 hour support from our in-country cooperator and an orientation, sight seeing tours, shopping trips, socializing and networking events, theme parties, Turkish cooking workshops and more!
- ISE card - International Student & Youth Exchange Identification Card
- Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara, Antalya
*Please indicate a preference for a location when you apply.
- 6-12 months
- 2-3 months (summer program)
To be an au pair in Turkey, you must:
- Be a U.S. or Canadian citizen between the ages of 20 and 30 for the regular au pair program and 18 and 30 for the summer au pair program
- Have a high school diploma
- Have previous child care or babysitting experience, and a genuine love of children
- Attend Turkish language classes while in Turkey (this is a requirement for the Turkey Visa if participating in a 6 to 12 month program)
Interested? Request Information
Ready to Get Started? Apply Now