Teach in Italy - Language Tutor
Teach English in Italian Schools
If you’re looking for a job that allows you to have true insight into one of the most enchanting countries in the world, consider teaching English in Italian schools. You’ll be welcomed into the home of an Italian host family and tutor at a local school 15 hours per week and tutor the family 3-5 hours per week. Placements are available in the beautiful Le Marche region, an area that exemplifies the rich history and artistic and cultural heritage of Italy. It boasts postcard-perfect scenery and the Meditteranean beaches you've always seen in the movies! The region also has hundreds of gravity-defying, enchanting towns scattered along the hilltops just filled with ancient churches, monuments and priceless art treasures.
Whatever your interests are — sport, culture, art and food or just having a good time — you'll have a wonderful experience in this lovely area. Its perfect position on the Adriatic Coast, in the center of Italy, will allow you to explore the most popular Italian cities including Rome, Bologna and Florence.
You’ll provide 15 hours of English language tutoring per week in a local school and 3-5 hours per week tutoring with the host family. As a tutor, you will assist Italian teachers and help students with conversation, listening and comprehension of the English language. The teaching will be set-up according to the school's schedule and organized by the teachers.
As a Participant in Teach in Italy, you’ll receive:
- Placement with a carefully-screened host family
- A private room or shared room (with a family member of the same gender) and full board
- Pre-departure assistance from InterExchange and in-country assistance from our international cooperator in Italy
- Access to discounted international accident and sickness insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- ISE card - International Student & Youth Exchange Identification Card
- 4, 8 or 12-week placements are available
- Arrivals and departures are on Saturdays (Airport arrival location to be determined by the location of the school)
*Shared apartment accommodation may be available, but subject to higher program fee depending on time of year and location.
To teach English in Italy, you should:
- Be 22 to 35 years old
- Have a college degree or be a current college student
- Preferably have some previous teaching or tutoring experience
- Be fluent in English
- Have good lesson planning and organization skills
- Meet the Italian Visa requirements
- Be a non-smoker or be willing not to smoke in the host family’s home
- Be open to foreign cultures and living abroad
2013 Arrival Dates (subject to change)
- October 6 (10-week maximum placement)
- November 3 (6-week maximum placement)