Teach English in France
This program offers you the chance to experience France as much more than a tourist. You’ll be welcomed into the home of a French host family, and tutor the family in English. Unlike many other international teaching jobs, this program requires no teaching certificate, and allows you to teach in an informal, conversational setting. This arrangement sets the stage for a rich cultural exchange, giving you an opportunity to discover your host family’s way of life, and an insight into French culture. Most placements are in the suburbs of Paris—allowing you the enviable opportunity to discover the City of Lights while working abroad.
You’ll provide 15 hours of English language tutoring per week for children (and in rare cases adults) in exchange for room and board with a host family. Responsibilities include preparing lessons, teaching through activities, and helping with English conversational skills.
As a Participant in Teach in France, you’ll receive:
- Placement with a carefully screened host family
- A private room and full board
- Pre-departure and in-country assistance from InterExchange and our international cooperator in France
- Access to discounted international accident and sickness insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- ISE card - International Student & Youth Exchange Identification Card
1 – 3 months
To teach English in France, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen
- Have at least a high school diploma
- Preferably have some previous teaching or tutoring experience
- Be a native English speaker
- Meet the French Visa requirements
- Be able to commit to a period of 1-3 months
Interested? Request Information
Ready to Get Started? Apply Now
Thinking About Earning a TEFL?
The International TEFL Academy offers several online and in-person training options.