Teach English in France
Applications for Teach English France programs with start dates before August 31, 2013 are no longer being accepted. Applications for start dates on or after September 1, 2013 are still being accepted. If you want to go abroad this summer, check out our other Au Pair, Teach English, Volunteer and Work & Travel program options!
This program offers you the chance to experience France as much more than a tourist. You’ll be welcomed into the home of a French host family, and tutor the family in English. Unlike many other international teaching jobs, this program requires no teaching certificate, and allows you to teach in an informal, conversational setting. This arrangement sets the stage for a rich cultural exchange, giving you an opportunity to discover your host family’s way of life, and an insight into French culture. Placements are available throughout France, but most are located in Lille or Paris and its suburbs—allowing you the enviable opportunity to discover the City of Lights while working abroad.
You’ll provide 15 hours of English language tutoring per week for children and possibly adults, mostly on weekdays, in exchange for room and board with a host family. Responsibilities include preparing lessons and helping the children and adults with their English conversational skills. Schedules are arranged with your host family on arrival. Your time off is yours to sightsee, enjoy local culture, make new friends, and work on your own language skills.
As a Participant in Teach in France, you’ll receive:
- Placement with a carefully screened host family
- A private room and full board
- Pre-departure and in-country assistance from InterExchange and our international cooperator in France
- Access to discounted international accident and sickness insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- ISE card - International Student & Youth Exchange Identification Card
1 – 3 months
To teach English in France, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Have at least a high school diploma
- Preferably have some previous teaching or tutoring experience
- Be a native English speaker
- Meet the French Visa requirements
- Be able to commit to a period of 1-3 months
- Must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen
Interested? Request Information
Ready to Get Started? Apply Now