Teach English in Spain
If you’re looking for an overseas job that allows you to experience the true spirit of Spain, consider this opportunity. You’ll be welcomed into the home of a Spanish host family and tutor the family’s children in English. You do not need a teaching certificate; just a willingness to teach your host family in an informal, conversational setting. Placements are available throughout Spain, but most are located in or near the stunning capital city of Madrid. With ample free time, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to discover Spain for yourself.
You’ll provide 15 hours of English language tutoring per week, mostly on weekdays, in exchange for room and board with a host family. Responsibilities include preparing lessons and helping the children with their English conversational skills. Schedules are arranged with your host family on arrival. Your time off is yours to sightsee, enjoy local culture, make new friends, and work on your own language skills.
As a Participant in Teach in Spain, you’ll receive:
- Placement with a carefully screened host family
- A private room and full board
- Pre-departure and in-country assistance from InterExchange and our international cooperator in Spain
- Access to discounted international accident and sickness insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- ISE card - International Student & Youth Exchange Identification Card
1 – 3 months
To teach English in Spain, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Be a U.S. or Canadian citizen
- Have at least a high school diploma
- Preferably have some previous teaching or tutoring experience
- Be a native English speaker
- Meet the Spain Visa requirements
- Be able to commit to a period of 1-3 months
Interested? Request Information
Ready to Get Started? Apply Now
Thinking About Earning a TEFL?
The International TEFL Academy offers several online and in-person training options.