Volunteers in Ghana may participate in a wide variety of volunteer projects. When you apply to our program, you may indicate your preference in the type of work you wish to do. Once you’re accepted, we will work with you to find a placement that matches your interests, skills, and abilities. Currently, volunteer opportunities are available in:
- Education: Volunteers are needed at the preschool through high school level, for playing and organizing activities, teaching and administering tests, and assisting with extracurricular activities. Other community initiatives, including a center for teaching employable skills, are also in need of volunteer assistance.
- Forestry and wildlife: Volunteers with our conservation and wildlife projects may work on conservation efforts, including reporting any illegal farming or cutting of trees and assisting centers with their visitor educational programs.
- Public health: Volunteers are needed to assist at hospitals and clinics with community initiatives including, AIDS and safe sex awareness and caring for local patients.
- Social work: Projects supporting street children is in need of volunteers to provide counseling, prepare food and help plan and supervise activities. Volunteers may also follow up with children at their schools and teach classes in some cases.
- Volunteers are needed for a number of other initiatives in Ghana on an as-needed basis. If you are interested in volunteering in Ghana, please contact us so we can determine a placement that matches your interests.