Work & Travel Australia
Have you been putting off completing your application for a Work & Travel Working Abroad program? We're giving you $50 reasons to submit your application between now and July 15, 2013!
Just say the word “Australia” and your mind fills up with vibrant and iconic images: the rugged Outback, the exotic animal life, the elegance of the Sydney Opera House, the stunning waters of the Great Barrier Reef. You can almost hear a friendly voice wishing you “G’day” in that unmistakeable Australian accent.
It’s no wonder so many people long to live and work Down Under. In fact, the number of Americans looking for jobs in Australia is on the rise. More than 115,000 travelers arrive in Australia each year on a Working Holiday Visa (the visa that allows you to live and work in the country for up to a year). Translation: There’s a lot of competition for jobs and housing. That’s where InterExchange Working Abroad comes in. Our program helps you make the most of your year overseas by helping with visa issues, job placement, affordable housing, and more. So before you pack up, check us out. It’s a lot easier than going it alone.
Work & Travel Australia offers a variety of vital services to make your year in Australia easier, more affordable, and much more fun. The benefits start before you leave; we help ensure you have all the information necessary to obtain a Working Holiday Visa. We also offer supplemental programs to enhance your experience down under!
Once you arrive in Australia, you will be given priority for any jobs available through our Australian cooperator. Job placements vary in length—you might work the same job for 3months or pick up a variety of single 8-hour shifts. But you’ll have consistent job placement assistance throughout your time in Australia. Most work placements are in hospitality, manual labor, and call centers but office assistant, childcare, retail, and fruit picking work is also available.
Other program features include access to traveler's service centers throughout Australia, free Internet access, social activities, and an arrival orientation.
As a Participant in Work & Travel Australia, you’ll receive:
- A welcome on arrival at the airport in Sydney. A representative will meet and escort you to a hostel in town where you stay free for two nights (extra nights available for $35 per night)
- An orientation program with useful information on living and working in Australia, including an arrival tour of Sydney
- Assistance in opening a bank account and getting a local tax file number
- The use of a full-service employment agency that helps arrange jobs throughout Australia
- Notification of jobs via text message and/or email
- Housing and hostel referrals
- Access to discounted international accident and sickness insurance
- Access to social and cultural activities with other participants from around the world
- Access to special offers on everything from nightclubs to discounts on attractions
- The opportunity to enroll in our Supplemental Programs
- Free Internet access throughout Australia
- Arrangements to help you purchase a mobile phone or purchase a SIM card for your own phone at the best possible price
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Mail holding and forwarding service for 4 months
- Photo ID and 1 month of free luggage storage
- ISE card - International Student & Youth Exchange Identification Card
Up to 1 year
Program Start Dates
To participate in Work & Travel Australia, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 and in good health
- Be a U.S. or Canadian citizen (not permanent residents or Green Card holders)
- Meet requirements for the Working Holiday Visa
Once you’re accepted into the Work & Travel Australia program, you’re eligible to enroll in our supplemental programs, which give you the opportunity to enhance your year overseas with activities that are fun, educational, and—well, just plain cool! Current options include:
Interested? Request Information
Ready to Get Started? Apply Now