Here are some ideas to make indoor time more enjoyable for everyone!
- Make hot chocolate, cuddle together on the couch, and watch a family movie.
- Work with your au pair to have a themed culture day based on where he or she is from! Meals, music, children's songs, and phrases can be shared to make the day a little more international!
- Pull out a favorite game - Monopoly, Twister or cards - fun for all ages.
- Do arts and crafts - for example, use modeling clay and pick a category or theme that everyone has to follow when making their figurines
- Put on a show - lip sync to a hit song, act out a scene from a movie, or play charades.
- Use Legos and create something together - look up pictures of famous buildings around the world and make your own versions of them
- Make up your own exercise routine.
- Listen to music from another culture (your au pair would be the perfect go-to for this) and learn a traditional dance (YouTube is always useful for this).
And, if the weather improves, bundle up and go outside and make snow angels or have a snowball fight! You can also go to the Westchester County Library websiteand find free downloadable music and reading materials.