Cold Weather Activities to Keep Cabin Fever Away
Here are some ideas to make indoor time more enjoyable for everyone!
- Make hot chocolate, cuddle together on the couch, and watch a family movie.
- Work with your au pair to have a themed culture day based on where he or she is from! Meals, music, children’s songs, and phrases can be shared to make the day a little more international!
- Pull out a favorite game - Monopoly, Twister or cards - fun for all ages.
- Do arts and crafts - for example, use modeling clay and pick a category or theme that everyone has to follow when making their figurines
- Put on a show - lip sync to a hit song, act out a scene from a movie, or play charades.
- Use Legos and create something together - look up pictures of famous buildings around the world and make your own versions of them
- Make up your own exercise routine.
- Listen to music from another culture (your au pair would be the perfect go-to for this) and learn a traditional dance (YouTube is always useful for this).
And, if the weather improves, bundle up and go outside and make snow angels or have a snowball fight! You can also go to the Westchester County Library websiteand find free downloadable music and reading materials.
Childcare you trust and your kids loveSign Up Learn More Call Us
Host an Au Pair in the U.S.
Childcare you trust and your kids love
For over 30 years, we’ve provided American families with an easy way to find qualified au pairs from around the world. Welcoming one of our carefully screened international au pairs is a budget-friendly, flexible way to provide loving, live-in care for your children. It’s a culturally rich experience that will benefit your entire family.
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.