10 Things to Do Under $10 in Miami
Miami is a beach lover's paradise, but if you ever get tired of laying out in the sun, there's plenty of other free and low-cost things to do!
1.Viernes Culturales/Little Havana Tour: Cultural Fridays in Little Havana! Check out the Miami neighborhood home to many Cuban immigrants. The last Friday evening of every month has everything from live music and street vendors to drink specials and an always free guided tour of the area. Get more information here.
2. Fruit and Spice Park: A short trip south of Miami, this park features 500 varieties of rare fruits, herbs, spices and nuts from around the world. Admission to the park is $7.
3. Free Surfing Lessons: Spend a morning learning to surf for free! Every Sunday at 8 am — provided there is good weather — instructors from Hang Loose Surf School provide lessons open to all ages and levels. It's best to call on Saturdays to make sure there are lessons that weekend: 954-564-0202. Get more information here.
4. La Sandwicherie: This little French gem serves fantastic, fresh sandwiches and salads as well as addictive smoothies. There is a huge variety of delicious options for under $10. Since it's a local favorite, expect it to be busy. It's also said to be a great people-watching spot.
5. Miami Art Museum: This modern art museum is located in Downtown Miami. And admission to the MAM is free the second Saturday of every month!
6. Yoga in the Park: Every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, free yoga classes are taught by a certified instructor in Bayfront Park. All levels are welcome. Get more information and scheduling.
7. Miami Beach Boardwalk: A perfect place to stroll around with stunning views of the beach. You can stop into one of the many cafes for a refreshment or window shop. The concession stands on the beach also provide inexpensive meal options.
8. Greynolds Park: If you're interested in spending an afternoon outside, this 265-acre park has lots to offer. There are picnic tables, volleyball courts and a mangrove forest.
9. Big Pink: This popular spot in South Beach is always packed with hungry beach-goers. The restaurant's menu and portions are huge and breakfast is served all day!
10. Miami Beach Botanical Garden: The Miami Beach Botanical Garden boasts 4.5 acres of subtropical, lush greenery, including a variety of rare orchids and a gorgeous, traditional Japanese Garden.Admission is always free and you can go anytime Tuesday through Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm.
Experience American culture and add international skills to your resume.Sign Up Learn More Call Us
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.