- Soulard Farmers Market: This market is open year-round and has great food from local farms. There are also some little eateries.
- Kemp Auto Museum: Like Cars? Check out this museum. For $9 admission, view gorgeous old cars (Mercedes Benz, etc.) and learn about the history of the period in which they were driven.
- Forest Park: Forest Park is one of the largest parks in the U.S. It has a beautiful art museum (FREE) and a zoo (FREE). In September there is the Hot Air Balloon Race, which is really neat, and in the winter, an ice skating rink ($6)
- City Museum: Though a bit above our $10 cutoff (admission is $12) this museum is unlike any other. A friend of a Career Training staff member calls it a "big kid playground." Friday and Saturday nights it's open until midnight.
- The Gateway Arch: To ride to the top of this astounding structure is $10 for adults. The museum access costs more, but the ride is the most fun part. At the top you can see the city and look out to the Mississippi River.
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis: This stunning cathedral has one of the largest collections of mosaics in the world. Take note of the daily mass schedule before you visit and call ahead if you would like to have a tour.
- Botanical Garden: This garden is huge and the perfect place to spend an afternoon walking around. Entry is only $6.
- The Kitchen Sink: Grab a bite of American Cajun food at this local favorite. There are tons of affordable sandwiches, burgers and breakfast food on the menu.
- Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour: For those of you over 21, take a complimentary tour of the brewery that makes Budweiser beer. At the end you get to see the famous Clydesdale Horses and sample some beer.
- Science Center: The Science Center (FREE!) is right next to Forest Park. It has great exhibits and features a planetarium.
InterExchange Career Training USA is a top J-1 Visa sponsor for university students and young professionals who have already secured internships or training programs with companies in the U.S. If you still need to find an internship or training program in the U.S., check out our resources and start the J-1 Visa sponsorship process early.
Originally from Columbus, Ohio, Ani is a fan of exploring new places through photography and the local cuisine. After earning her BFA in photography from NYU and gaining communications experience at International Planned Parenthood Federation, she joined InterExchange in 2012, and worked as the Marketing Producer until 2016.