10 Things to Do for Under $10 in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Skyline Chili: Cincy has its very own kind of chili and this is a great place to experience it. The recipe is a family secret, but it supposedly contains chocolate and cinnamon—quite tasty!
Fountain Square (image via planetware.com)[/caption]
Fountain Square: This area has a lot to offer—it's a great place to meet up with friends or coworkers for coffee or a bite to eat. There's an ice skating rink in the wintertime and free concerts and other special events during other times of year!
- Graeter's Ice Cream: This dessert company is a Cincy institution. Their delicious, homemade ice creams have made them famous. You should absolutely make a visit to the Hyde Park store for a cone with friends.
- Eden Park: This scenic park can be found in the downtown area of Cincinnati and has an incredible view overlooking the city. Not to be missed!
- Mount Adams: This Cincinnati neighborhood is full of bars and restaurants. Surrounded by Eden Park, it's a great place to spend a night out. It's known for its rich history and architecture, which you can experience on a guided tour for $10.
- Newport on the Levee: This is actually across the river in Kentucky, but it is a great area to eat, hang out, see a movie and enjoy amazing views of downtown Cincinnati. Every day, movie tickets before noon are just $6.50. On Student Day (Thursday) movie tickets are $4.75 with a valid student I.D.
- Contemporary Arts Center: The CAC seeks to "challenge, entertain and educate" its visitors, and the exhibits are always changing. Admission is $7.50 ($5.50 for students with I.D.) and is FREE on Mondays after 5:00 p.m.
- Cincinnati Music Hall: Check out this historic and beautiful venue. Built in 1878, it is certainly worth a visit! You can set up a tour for $2.50 per person.
- Carew Tower: Take a ride up to the observation deck of Carew Tower in downtown Cincinnati. You'll get to see the whole city from 49 stories up for just $2.
- Shawnee Lookout Park: Explore the nature trails and great picnic spots. It's well known for its views of the Ohio River and Great Miami River valleys.
InterExchange Career Training USA is a top J-1 Visa sponsor for university students and young professionals who have already secured internships or training programs with companies in the U.S. If you still need to find an internship or training program in the U.S., check out our resources and start the J-1 Visa sponsorship process early.
Experience American culture and add international skills to your resume.Sign Up Learn More Call Us
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.