10 Things to Do for Under $10 in Columbus, Ohio
- Ohio State University: Visit the home of the OSU buckeyes! Explore the campus on a self-guided walking tour. Campus is also full of cheap eats, fun bars and music venues.
Anthony Thomas buckeye candies. Image via examiner.com.[/caption]
Anthony-Thomas Candy Company: Taste your way through a tour ($2 for adults) of this chocolate factory and see how their products are made from start to finish.
- Funny Bone Comedy Club: Check out this comedy club and café for some laughs, plus food and drinks. Most nights it's only $5 to get in, but check out the calendar of events on their website beforehand.
Columbus Park of Roses at sunset, image via columbus.gov.[/caption]
- Ohio Statehouse: As the capital city of Ohio, Columbus is home to the Ohio Statehouse. Free, guided tours are offered Monday through Friday on the hour from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from noon until 3:00 p.m.
- Starliner Diner: A bit outside of the city, this inexpensive diner with a lively atmosphere serves American and Caribbean classics. Try their brunch!
- Columbus Museum of Art: Admission to all galleries is free on Sundays! With changing special exhibitions and a permanent collection of over 10,000 pieces, the museum is a must-visit.
- Graeter's Ice Cream: Visit one of the Columbus area shops of this Ohio institution. Their homemade ice creams are delicious. Also try Jeni's, for artisanal and unique flavors like fig and goat cheese!
- Ohio History Center: Learn all about Ohio's past. A new exhibit titled "1950s: Building the American Dream" details the life of a family living in central Ohio during the mid 20th century where you can walk through a replica of their home. Admission is $10.
- Scioto Mile: Visit this riverfront park with some friends. There's a lot to do, including miles of recreational trails, a cultural arts center, local food vendors and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Experience American culture and add international skills to your resume.Sign Up Learn More Call Us
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.