Use this checklist to complete your Career Training application quickly and accurately.
- For Interns, review the Intern Requirements
- Upload proof of student status or proof of graduation
- Ensure your training program matches your academic field
- For Trainees, review the Trainee Requirements
- Upload Current and Previous Employment Verification Letter(s)
- Ensure the training program matches your occupational experience/background
- If applying for a hospitality program, review the Hospitality Guidelines
- If training at a hotel or restaurant, ensure your background is in Hospitality or Restaurant Management
- Ensure you are not doing a business-only program at a hotel or restaurant
- Ensure your training program is in one of the Required Documents section that InterExchange is designated to sponsor
- Review the Host Employer Requirements
Completing the Application
- Invite the Host Employer to the online application
- Ensure your host completes the DS-7002 Training Plan within the online application. Refer them to the Training Plan Guide for help
- Is there at least one phase for every three to four months of training?
- Has the plan been electronically signed by both you and your host?
- Review the Required Documents section of our website and upload all of the documents needed to complete your application
- Have all non-English documents officially translated to English and upload both the translated and the original documents to your application
- Review, sign and upload both pages of the Fee Disclosure form
- Ensure your Proof of Funds meets our guidelines. See our Cost of Living & Budgeting Guide to determine appropriate funds needed
- Ensure the employer’s Workers Compensation Certificate will be acceptable. Refer your host to our Sample Worker's Compensation Policies