Back onto CampMinder today, we're at the point where we know Proximo (the third party proxy) won't work with our Ruby HTTP libraries and doesn't support HTTPS connections anyway.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install squid sudo cp /etc/squid3/squid.conf /etc/squid3/squid.conf.original sudo chmod a-w /etc/squid3/squid.conf.original sudo vim /etc/squid3/squid.conf #http_access allow all
That would be enough for our development environment, before production we're going to have to set up
http_authentication and SSL.
Once we had a proxy we could continue testing our script, we were especially interested in whether we could handle the
ClientLinkRequest to CampMinders servers… turns out we couldn't.
We were now able to send CampMinder a
ClientLinkRequest with a signed payload that contained our response, unfortunately we were receiving an exception.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Not an error you want to get from an API, unfortunately CampMinder couldn't find a trace of the exception, we were stumped.
It had become extremely difficult to reason with the payload decoding methods we had built (mentioned here), we wondered if it was with the payload we were having issues. Thankfully after going through the Base64 documentation we were able to find the more succinct solution of
Disaster! CampMinder's signed payloads aren't urlsafe to decode, now we were even more stumped, our messy decode software had worked, now the Library version of that request was causing issues. We went home with the problem unsolved.
We're Hiring Software Engineers
Join InterExchange and help us improve the future of cultural exchange.Learn More