Making the Most of Your Host City
Career Training USA participants live all over the U.S., and we want to help you experience the cultural life of your host city, wherever it is. So we have compiled a list of some great websites to help you learn more about your city and what is going on there. Some are travel guides, some have suggestions for local spots to hang out, some are user driven, and some have deals for events, restaurants and services.
There are many more websites that list restaurants, museums, events and cultural sites, but these are a great place to start and you are sure to find something interesting wherever you are. If you want to find more suggestions, just Google your city and see what comes up.
- Spotted by Locals: Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C.
- Yelp: 36 states
- City Search: Everywhere
- AmazonLocal: Everywhere
- Groupon: Everywhere
- Living Social: Everywhere
- Fathom Away: 22 cities/regions
- National Geographic City Guides: San Diego, Atlanta, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Boston, Miami, Chicago, Dallas, New York, Philadelphia, Washington D.C.
- Meetup: Everywhere
- Thrillist: 33 cities
- Not For Tourists: New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Seattle, Austin, Miami, Washington D.C., Boston, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Chicago, New Orleans, Portland + articles on other cities.
- Timeout: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C.
- Eventbrite: Everywhere
- Eventful: Everywhere
- Festival Finder: Everywhere
- Menupages: New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Washington D.C., South Florida
- Dishtip: Everywhere
- Eat This Poem: 47 Cities
- Tasting Table: Everywhere
- Yelp: 36 states
For Those on a Tight Budget
- 100 Things to do on a Money Tight Weekend
- Free in NYC
- 100 Free and Almost Free Things to Do in Washington D.C.
- The Skint - NYC
- Free Things to do in Miami
- 100 Free Things to do in Los Angeles
- Free Things to do in Boston
- Free Things to do in Chicago
- Free Things to do in 10 Great Cities
- Free To See in the U.S.
Experience American culture and add international skills to your resume.Sign Up Learn More Call Us
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.