Living in the United States can be expensive, but with a student ID, there are countless opportunities to receive more bang for your buck. Check out some of these student discounts in some major cities across the U.S. and save money on everything from museum visits and walking tours to local dining.
New York City
- The American Folk Art Museum, located on Columbus Avenue between 65th and 66th Avenues, is free.
- The Jewish Museum in the Upper East Side allows students admission for $7.50 (regular price, $12).
- The Museum of Modern Art, one of NYC’s most popular museums, offers student tickets at $12, nearly half-off the regular price of $20.
- Sporting Events
- Students qualify for half-price Grandstand Level Yankees tickets that can be purchased on the day of the game.
- The Knicks offer student ticket savings that can be as much as 50% off for select games at the Madison Square Garden box office.
- The New York Islanders are offering up to 20% off face value for all home game tickets to students with valid IDs.
- Food and Drink
- Feed your caffeine habit without the guilt by using your student ID at The Bean to get an extra 10% off all your orders. The Bean has two locations, one in Union Square and the other in the East Village, so be sure to stop by on your next coffee run.
- Check out Garden of Eden Marketplace for all your grocery essentials. With a student discount, you can save 10% off your entire purchase. Garden of Eden has four locations: 7 East 14th St., 162 23rd St., and 2780 Broadway in Manhattan, and 180 Montague St. in Brooklyn Heights. Find one near you and enjoy the savings!
- If you're searching for NYC's best hotdog, look no further. Papaya King is offering students 15% off all purchases. Visit one of their two locations (179 E 86th St. and 121 W 125th St.) today!
- Enjoy live theatre, plays, and musicals at San Francisco's Playhouse, located at 450 Post Street. Student tickets are available starting 30 minutes before the performance at the box office. Use the word RUSH to purchase $25 tickets for all performances. The box office accepts only cash and tickets are subject to availability.
- For all tickets that are not already discounted, students can purchase tickets to performances at SFJAZZ for 50% off. Keep in mind that Student Rush tickets for a given event will not be announced in advance and are subject to availability.
- Catch the latest summer blockbuster for only $8 at AMC Metreon 16 and AMC Van Ness 14 with a valid student ID.
- Food and Drinks
- Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shops throughout San Francisco are offering students 10% off their total purchase provided they present a valid ID.
- Get a taste of an authentic American diner by visiting Mel’s Drive-in at one of their two locations: 2165 Lombard Street and 3355 Greary Blvd. Mel’s is offering all students a 10% discount for anything on the menu.
- Feed your pad thai craving without putting a dent in your wallet by visiting Modern Thai, located on 1247 Polk Street. Here you’ll save 15% on your entire purchase with a student ID.
- The Los Angeles Ballet is a world class ballet company that is currently offering students a 20% discount on any original priced ticket.
- Enjoy musical performances at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Students can purchase discounted tickets to select LA Phil concerts online.
- Dave and Busters is a place for young adults to play classic arcade games, eat, and drink. For a limited time, D&B's is offering students $10 of free game play every Thursday.
- Located in West Hollywood, Liberation Yoga is offering students a free first class and ten classes for $105 with a valid photo ID.
- Take a break from work at Rockcreation in Santa Monica by doing indoor rock climbing. The gym is offering a discounted rate for students.
- Wilfit Sports Club, a high end gym located in the heart of Koreatown, has a discounted monthly rate of $49.99 for students who present a valid photo ID. Here, you’ll be able to take advantage of not only traditional gym equipment, but fitness and dance classes as well.
- Food and Drink
- If you’re looking to cool down after spending a long day in the Miami heat, head over to Wall’s Ice Cream, located at 8075 SW 67th Ave. For the next few months, the ice cream shop is offering all students with a valid ID a buy-one-get-one-free deal.
- Culture Shock Miami is an organization that provides teenagers and young adults aged 13-22 with $5 tickets to numerous cultural performances throughout the city.
- Culture Shock sometimes also offers students $2.50 admission tickets to some of the city's best attractions, including Zoo Miami, Perez Art Museum, Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami, and more.
- The Museum of Fine Arts offers all students ages 18 and over the opportunity to receive a $2 discount for a day pass into all the museum's exhibits.
- Use your student ID for cheap movie tickets! Kendall Square Cinema tickets cost $9 Monday through Thursday with a student ID, $2 off the regularly-priced $11 dollar ticket. At AMC Loews Boston Common 19 theater, get discounted tickets for $7 on Thursdays.
- The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is home to art pieces from all over the world. Students can purchase tickets for $5 every day of the week, an incredible deal when compared to the usual cost of $15.
- University students can get $9 standing-room tickets to see the Boston Red Sox with their student ID for tickets that normally range from anywhere from $10 to $40.
- Students can purchase discounted hockey tickets to see the Boston Bruins during home games at the TD Garden Arena.
- Kundalini Yoga offers students two weeks of unlimited yoga classes for only $25 with a valid ID.
- Check out wax figures of your favorite celebrities at Madame Tussaud's DC. The museum is offering students with a valid ID a 15% discount on admission (regular price, $21.50).
- Visit the Newseum, an interactive journalism and news museum located at 555 Pennsylvania Avenue. Students receive a $4 discount (regular price, $21.95).
- Check out the Phillips Collection, the country's first museum of modern art. Students with a valid ID can save $2 on admission.
- Relax and unwind at Corepower Yoga without spending a fortune. For a limited time, the Yoga studio is offering all university students with a valid ID a monthly membership for $109 (regular price, $135) or a single class for $15 (regular price, $20).
- Washington Sport Clubs offer students a monthly gym membership with contract for $19.99/month (regular price, $59.99 to $74.99). But act fast, because this offer expires at the end of the summer.
- Performing Arts
- The Kennedy Center for Performing Arts has a limited number of half-price tickets for select performances allocated just for students. Take a look at the website for more details.
For even more information on student discounts, be sure to check out our previous blog posts: