You've thought about hiring seasonal or short-term international workers, but where do you start? InterExchange offers different international work programs that can handle international recruiting for employers of all sizes. Here's a quick checklist to help you decide which one is right for your business:
The Work & Travel USA Program is recommended for employers who:
• Need short-term or seasonal staff (limited to 3-4 months)
• Need staff in retail, restaurant, kitchen, maintenance, housekeeping, dishwashing or ride operations departments.
• Can offer full time hours: 35-40 hrs/week
The Career Training USA Program is recommended for employers who:
• Need interns or trainees with university training or prior professional work experience
• Can offer paid internships or trainee positions for up to 18 months
• Can provide full time, professional level positions
Every employer is different, and some employers elect to work with more than one program to fill all their staffing needs. These programs are regulated by the US Department of State, and therefore some industries may not qualify. Please contact Larry Rothchild at [email protected] to discuss your specific needs.
A fan of independent cinema and proponent of the Oxford comma, Matthew began his career at a Miami-based tech startup before returning to West Virginia University to pursue his M.A. in Foreign Languages. He has worked at InterExchange since 2006 and currently serves as a Marketing Project Manager.