J-1 Irish Students Will Need Confirmed Job Offers Before Arriving in the U.S.
Starting in 2016, the two largest sponsors of the J-1 Summer Work Travel program in Ireland are requiring Irish students to have a summer job vetted and approved before they travel to the U.S.
What the Change Means
Act Now! Irish J-1 Summer Work Travel participants working through InterExchange in the U.S. and SAYIT Travel in Ireland now must have their job vetted and approved by their U.S. Sponsor before they will be issued the documents they need to apply for a visa.
Who the Change Benefits
By hiring students before they arrive, you fill your staffing needs in advance of your seasonal rush.
Students can travel assured they may start working immediately upon arrival.
Why Hire International Students
The Summer Work Travel program provides international university students opportunities to interact with Americans and experience American culture while sharing their own cultures. Students fill seasonal or temporary jobs that require minimal training, helping you in your busiest times while earning funds to help defray their expenses.
How to Hire a J-1 Summer Work Travel Participant
- Identify a J-1 Summer Work Travel participant you want to hire, or:
- Contact InterExchange for helping finding the right students
- Hire irish candidates on our Free Recruitment Tours.
- Complete a job offer for that participant
- Answer questions and provide documentation when we call to verify:
- Employer Identification Number (Federal Tax Identification Number)
- Business License
- Workers’ compensation information
- Help the participant learn about U.S. culture and encourage staff to learn about the participant’s culture
- Once the job starts, notify the sponsor of issues or emergencies during the participant’s employment
Ready to Learn More?
Hire irish candidates on our Free Recruitment Tours.
Bring new cultures to your business with international seasonal staffSign Up Learn More Call Us
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.