Which Travel Medical Insurance Should I Use?

1 minute read

Updated September 2023

Francesca enjoying Italy
Francesca enjoying Italy
Image courtesy of Francesca W

If you’re a U.S. citizen traveling with InterExchange, you’re required to have travel medical insurance during your program.

Your policy should have:

  • coverage of at least $100,000
  • medical emergencies and evacuation
  • repatriation

We recommend a policy with a low (or zero) deductible, so you don’t have to pay much or anything out-of-pocket.

NOTE: some travel medical insurance providers have initial maximum durations of 180 days, but with the option to extend.

Affordable options to consider:

InterExchange is not an insurance broker or advisor. Please consult a professional insurance agent before making decisions regarding your travel medical insurance coverage.

James Bridge By

James managed the programs for U.S. citizens at InterExchange.

U.S. Department of State-Designated J-1 Visa Sponsor
Alliance for International Exchange
The International Coalition for Global Education and Exchange
European-American Chamber of Commerce New York
Global Ties U.S.
International Au Pair Association
WYSE Travel Confederation