Guide to Wisconsin Dells, WI
1 minute read
“I’m already dreaming about my next summer in [the] Dells!” —Katya M., Work & Travel USA participant from Russia. Image courtesy of Katya M.
Wisconsin Dells is just one of many fun, seasonal areas where InterExchange Work & Travel USA participants live and work. Located in the Midwestern state of Wisconsin right in the middle of “America’s Heartland,” Wisconsin Dells is just hours away from Chicago, Minneapolis and Green Bay.
Did you know?
- Over 4,000 J-1 students enjoy their Summer Work and Travel programs in the Wisconsin Dells every year.
- It’s the Waterpark Capital of the World!
- Students receive a pass to most area attractions for only $5!
Fun stuff to do:
- Wisconsin Dells J-1 Consortium hosts orientations, and holds events like holiday parties, ice skating, free movies, sports games, bike rodeos, Thanksoween, and others — just for you!
- Outdoor adventures like hiking, rock climbing, boating, canoeing, tubing, fishing at nearby state parks and the Wisconsin River.
- Thrilling trips like zip lining and kayaking!
- Go-karting, duck rides, scenic river tours, water parks, golf, seasonal festivals and more!
- Hang out with American university students as well as students from around the world and have the summer of your life!
“It was [an] amazing summer! Of course I recommend it to every person. I liked it and miss it so much!” —Zamira, Work & Travel USA participant from Kazakhstan. Image couresty of Ismael S.
What cities are close by?
- Chicago - 3 ½ hours away - Under $20
- Minneapolis - 3 ½ hours away - Under $20
- Milwaukee (Summerfest location) - 2 hours away - $15
Want more information about Wisconsin?
Check out our Cultural Compass Wisconsin page!
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.