Image courtesy of InterExchange
Denver is just one of many fun, seasonal areas where InterExchange Work & Travel USA participants live and work. Located in the Western state of Colorado with beautiful mountain views, Denver is a city full of fun cultural and outdoor activities.
Did you know?
- Over 3,000 J-1 students enjoy their Work and Travel programs in Colorado every year.
- There are over 200 craft breweries in Denver, one of the highest per capita in the United States!
- Denver has the largest city park system in the nation, with 14,000 acres of mountain parks and 2,500 acres of natural areas and trails.
- Denver is one of the sunniest cities in the U.S., with 300+ days of sunshine per year.
- The cost of living and renting an apartment is significantly cheaper than in NYC or San Francisco!
- Transportation without a car is easy because Denver has an extensive light rail and bus system!
- The Denver Performing Art Complex is the 2nd largest performing arts center in the world.
- Denver is the 6th fastest growing city in America - attracting an outgoing, friendly, young population.
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Fun stuff to do!
- The Red Rocks Ampitheater was voted the #1 ampitheater in America by Rolling Stone Magazine—check out the lineup of rock, EDM, pop and country artists.
- Enjoy sports? Denver is one of only eight U.S. cities to have professional teams for five major sports (soccer, baseball, hockey, football and basketball).
- Attend one of the numerous arts and music festivals the Denver area has to offer!
- They even have their own Irish Fest—complete with Gaelic sporting events!
- Hike and explore one of America’s highest and most beautiful mountain ranges, the Rocky Mountain National Park!
- 5280.com [The Denver Magazine] lists some of the many exciting events happening this summer!
What other cities are close by?
A bus ride will take you up into the beautiful mountain ranges to visit Breckenridge, Vail, Boulder, Aspen, and the Rocky Mountain National Park.
Denver is just a short flight away from:
- Las Vegas, NV - under $100 roundtrip
- Los Angeles, CA - under $200 roundtrip
- San Diego, CA - under $200 roundtrip
Irish resources in Denver:
This sounds great! How can I make this my summer?
- Complete our participant inquiry form to start the application process.
Want more information about Colorado?
With a passion for road trips and exploring the world, Clay has travelled to nearly every U.S. state. Since 2011, he has worked to expand support for exchange participants in communities across America and enjoys meeting participants, hosts and photographing his travels.