Image courtesy of InterExchange
Denver is just one of many fun, seasonal areas where InterExchange Work & Travel USA participants live and work. Located in the Western state of Colorado with beautiful mountain views, Denver is a city full of fun cultural and outdoor activities.
Did you know?
- Over 3,000 J-1 students enjoy their Work and Travel programs in Colorado every year.
- There are over 200 craft breweries in Denver, one of the highest per capita in the United States!
- Denver has the largest city park system in the nation, with 14,000 acres of mountain parks and 2,500 acres of natural areas and trails.
- Denver is one of the sunniest cities in the U.S., with 300+ days of sunshine per year.
- The cost of living and renting an apartment is significantly cheaper than in NYC or San Francisco!
- Transportation without a car is easy because Denver has an extensive light rail and bus system!
- The Denver Performing Art Complex is the 2nd largest performing arts center in the world.
- Denver is the 6th fastest growing city in America - attracting an outgoing, friendly, young population.
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Fun stuff to do!
- The Red Rocks Ampitheater was voted the #1 ampitheater in America by Rolling Stone Magazine—check out the lineup of rock, EDM, pop and country artists.
- Enjoy sports? Denver is one of only eight U.S. cities to have professional teams for five major sports (soccer, baseball, hockey, football and basketball).
- Attend one of the numerous arts and music festivals the Denver area has to offer!
- They even have their own Irish Fest—complete with Gaelic sporting events!
- Hike and explore one of America’s highest and most beautiful mountain ranges, the Rocky Mountain National Park!
- 5280.com [The Denver Magazine] lists some of the many exciting events happening this summer!
What other cities are close by?
A bus ride will take you up into the beautiful mountain ranges to visit Breckenridge, Vail, Boulder, Aspen, and the Rocky Mountain National Park.
Denver is just a short flight away from:
- Las Vegas, NV - under $100 roundtrip
- Los Angeles, CA - under $200 roundtrip
- San Diego, CA - under $200 roundtrip
Irish resources in Denver:
This sounds great! How can I make this my summer?
- Complete our participant inquiry form to start the application process.