Wisconsin Dells is just one of many fun, seasonal areas where InterExchange Work & Travel USA participants live, work, and play! While we have thousands of participants visiting the Dells in the summer, it's also a great place to work during the winter season. From indoor theme parks, skiing, snowboarding, and winter zip-lining, you can easily beat the winter blues in Wisconsin Dells. Located in the Midwestern state of Wisconsin, right in the middle of "America's Heartland," Wisconsin Dells is just a few hours away from Milwaukee, Chicago, and Minneapolis - making it an ideal location to explore the best of the Midwest. It's also an excellent opportunity to work with Americans and participants from all over the world!
Did you know?
- Over 4,000 J-1 students enjoy their Work and Travel Program in Wisconsin Dells every year.
- It’s the Waterpark Capital of the World with more than 20 indoor and outdoor waterparks!
- Students receive passes to most area amusements for just $5.00.
Fun stuff to do!
Wisconsin Dells J-1 Consortium hosts orientations, and events like holiday parties, free movies, sports games, bike rodeos, and ice skating parties. Outdoor adventures like, rock climbing, ice fishing, ice skating, snow tubing, and cross-country and downhill skiing.
- Thrilling activities like zip-lining!
- Go-karting, indoor water parks, indoor amusement parks, seasonal festivals, live entertainment and so much more!
- Hang out with American university students as well as students from around the world and have the winter of your life!
What cities are close by?
Wisconsin Dells are easily accessible by train or bus to:
- 3 ½ hours from Chicago - Under $20
- 3 ½ hours from Minneapolis - Under $20
- 2 hours from Milwaukee - Under $20
Exciting job positions available, including
- Amusement Park Attendant
This sounds great! How can I make this my winter?
Fill out our short participant inquiry form to begin the application process!
Want more information?
Check out our Cultural Compass and discover the festivals you'll attend, the sports matchups you'll see, and the culture you'll experience in friendly Wisconsin!
InterExchange is proud to have an experienced team that is dedicated to international cultural exchange. We come from a variety of backgrounds, but nearly every member of our New York City-based staff has extensive experience traveling, working, or living abroad.