If you’ve hired international summer camp staff before, you may already have made job offers to people you want to hire. Or maybe you might want to re-hire great staff members from previous years. Either way, InterExchange can sponsor their J-1 Visas. For your returning staff, you’ll pay no program fees. For first-time Self-Placement staff, you pay a low fee of $200 per participant, which is waived if you hire one or more Camp Placement staff members.
What We Provide
When you choose InterExchange for Self-Placement, your accepted staff members will receive:
- Documents to obtain a J-1 Visa (DS-2019 Form)
- Accident and sickness insurance for the entire duration of their stay
- An InterExchange Participant Handbook and information about living in the USA
- A pre-departure online orientation
- 24-hour program support throughout the summer
International participants pay a nominal fee to cover the costs of these services. And if your camp hires one or more people through our Camp Placement program, you pay no fees for Self-Placement staff hired for the same season. There’s never a fee for returning staff.
Registration and Hiring Process
With Self-Placement, you'll have a bigger role in working out details, including how much your staff members will be paid and their transportation arrangements. Here's a step-by-step overview of what you'll need to do for Self-Placement staff:
- Register for free with InterExchange Camp USA.
- Conduct a formal interview with each person whom you want to hire.
- Negotiate stipends and travel arrangements with each individual.
- Provide each person with a camp contract.
- Once they have completed their application and paid their fees, you will be asked to verify their employment.