InterExchange can provide J-1 Visa sponsorship for one or multiple participants, from anywhere in the world, as long as they meet the eligibility requirements mandated by the U.S. Department of State. Follow the steps below to begin our J-1 Visa sponsorship process for your international interns.
Step 1: Determine Eligibility
- Review our Host Employer Requirements.
Step 2: Intern Begins Application Process
- Instruct your intern to sign up on our website to begin the application.
- You will receive an email from app.interexchange.org when your intern invites you to the system.
Step 3: Complete Application
- Log in using the link in your invitation email.
- Complete the Company Basics section and upload documents to create your company account.
- Go to Training Plans and click on intern's name to complete information specific to their program.
- Complete the training plan phases with help from our training plan guide.
Step 4: Sign and Submit
- Have phase supervisor sign phases and an authorized employee sign the host employer agreement form.
- Your application has been sent to the intern so they can sign the training plan and submit the entire application.
Your intern will pay the program fee before submitting. If you would like to cover the cost of sponsorship, you may pay the appropriate program fee as listed on our Costs and Fees page by clicking on the green button that says Make a Payment.
We will conduct an Initial Review within one business day of receiving the application and will let you know if anything else is needed. If it is complete, it will go into our Queue at which point our processing time is 10 days. There may be added time if your organization requires a site visit according to the regulations set by the U.S. Department of State (organization has fewer than 25 employees on site, earns less than $3 million/year revenue AND we have never worked with you before).