Do you have a hard time finding enough local candidates to join your staff during peak seasons? Would having staff who can stay for up to four months make your life easier? Do you and your customers enjoy meeting people from different countries and learning about other cultures?
Work & Travel USA is the solution! Our program is free for qualified host employers. We can match you with pre-screened, English-speaking international students who are excited about sharing their cultures and perspectives with you while living and working in the U.S. for a season.
As a premier nonprofit J-1 Visa sponsor with more than 45 years of experience administering the Summer Work Travel program, we keep the hiring process simple. You can search for and hire candidates on your own with our easy-to-use online matching system, or your personal account manager can guide you through the process and even find candidates on your behalf.
InterExchange takes care of:
- Screening and interviewing
- Testing for English fluency
- J-1 Visa applications and work authorization
- Travel arrangements, including updates on your participants’ arrivals
- Online orientation & assistance with Social Security applications
- Accident and sickness insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance & support throughout the program
Advanced Online Matching System
It's easier than ever to find the right international staff for your business. Once you register and we've confirmed your account, you can use our online system to:
- View participants' work history, education, hobbies, and skills
- Evaluate participants' English levels by watching their application videos
- Hire seasonal staff and track job offers with just a few clicks
- View real-time updates on participants' status including flight and visa information
Already know who you want to hire?
Our Self-Placement program may be right for you. We can sponsor the J-1 Visa for candidates who've already accepted job offers from you. We can also help you to rehire international staff who've worked with you before.
What our participants are saying
Our international staff bring such diversity and different perspectives that it is by far the best learning/teaching/cultural experience that many of our [American] staff would never have it if weren't for the J-1 Program. Patricia T., The Boardwalk
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.