Camp Placement Counselors
Our Camp Placement participants are pre-screened international applicants looking for a job in a U.S. camp. You can hire these candidates by logging in to your account, and looking through our available applications.
|Camp Placement Counselors||Placement Fee||Minimum Stipend (pre-tax)||Total Cost|
|All Ages (Self Travel)||$1,300||$1,750||$3,050|
|All Ages (With Flights)||$2,000||$1,050||$3,050|
Minimum stipends are based on 63 days of work. After 63 days of work, counselors should be paid a minimum of $30 per additional day worked.
Counselors must receive pay and benefits commensurate with those offered to their American counterparts.
Camp Host Employer agrees to follow applicable federal, state and local minimum wage and overtime laws.
Self Placement Counselors
Self-Placement participants are first time international counselors who have secured a job offer by contacting your camp, and making arrangements with your camp directly.
|Self Placement Counselors||Placement Fee||Minimum Stipend (pre-tax)||Total Cost|
|All Ages||$200||Determined by employer||Determined by employer|
- Self Placement fee(s) waived if you also hire one or more Camp Placement participants.
Returning Placement Counselors
Returning Placements are participants who have worked at a camp in a previous year and have secured a job offer by contacting your camp, and making arrangements with your camp directly.
|Returning Placement Counselors||Placement Fee||Minimum Stipend (pre-tax)||Total Cost|
|All Ages||$0||Determined by employer||Determined by employer|
- InterExchange is only permitted to sponsor a limited number of 3+ year returnees. Sponsorship for these participants is subject to availability.
What We Provide
When you choose InterExchange, the staff you hire will receive:
- Documents to obtain a J-1 Visa (DS-2019 Form)
- Accident and sickness insurance for the entire duration of their contract
- An InterExchange Participant Handbook and information about living in the USA
- A pre-departure online orientation
- 24-hour program support throughout the summer