Once you register, you’ll be able to review highly qualified, enthusiastic pre-screened applicants in our online system and search by country, age, skills, and more. We take care of J-1 Visa sponsorship, setting up interviews, assisting with travel arrangements, accident and sickness insurance, orientation, and support throughout the season.
Who are Camp USA Participants?
With the help of our network of international cooperators, we recruit participants from more than 19 countries. Each candidate goes through a thorough screening and interviewing process, and we only accept the very best applicants into our program. All InterExchange participants are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 28 during the summer of their participation.
- International students, teachers, youth workers or individuals with specialized skills.
- Proficient in English, and able to attend a home-country orientation and interview.
- Highly motivated and committed to the program for 8 to 15 weeks.
What is the difference between your Camp Placement, Self Placement and Returning Placement Programs?
- Camp Placement participants are screened and placed in a U.S. camp by InterExchange Camp USA.
- Self-Placement participants are first time international candidates who have secured a job offer by contacting a U.S. camp and making arrangements with the camp directly.
- Returning Placements are participants who have worked at a camp in a previous year and have secured a job offer.
How do my returning counselors apply?
Sign up with us as a host employer, and we’ll invite your returners to apply! All we need from you is the participant’s first and last name, and email address. All applicants must apply by March 1st.
Do you sponsor Support Staff?
No, we no longer sponsor Support Staff.
How do I know if my camp is eligible to apply?
Sign up with us! We’ll review your application and get in touch with you.