Step 1: Check Eligibility Requirements
Step 2: Begin Training Plan
- View this short instructional video:
- Click on “Training Plans” in your online account. Select the intern or trainee whose plan you wish to create.
- Complete the Company Basics, Participant Information, and Participant Compensation sections. (A will appear for each section when completed.)
- Provide a Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS) Number in the company basics section OR upload a copy of your business license or registration.
- Upload a current copy of your Workers Compensation policy certificate OR proof of exemption or equivalent coverage if applicable.
Step 3: Create Training Plan Phases
Click the "Add Training Plan Phase" button. (If you would like to use a similar training plan for multiple participants, please refer to this short instructional video on copying training plans.)
Step 4: Answer Phase Questions
Select Phase Supervisor:
Select the Phase Supervisor from the dropdown list.
Provide a phase name to indicate the objective, focus, or departmental rotation for this phase.
Phase Start Date and Phase End Date:
Indicate the the first and last day of the phase, ensuring there are no gaps between phases.
Ensure phases are three to four months long at a maximum. (Hospitality programs six months or longer must have a minimum of three departmental rotations and phases.)
Description of Trainee or Intern’s Role for this Program or Phase:
Identify the role you will offer your Intern or Trainee and how his or her education or work experience will be applied in this role.
Specific Goals and Objectives:
List the specific goals and objectives for this phase and the skills the Intern or Trainee will be improving.
Please list the names and titles of those who will provide continuous supervision of the Trainee or Intern, including the primary supervisor. What are these persons’ qualifications to teach the planned learning?:
List the name(s) and qualifications (education, experience, or skills) of the supervisor(s) that will be involved in this phase of training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Techniques:
List the specific skills and knowledge the Intern or Trainee will gain by training with you and your colleagues in this phase.
How Knowledge, Skills, Techniques are Taught:
Explain how these skills and techniques will be taught to the Intern or Trainee.
How will the acquisition of new skills and competencies be measured?:
Explain how progress will be evaluated and how you will ensure that the goals and objectives of this phase are reached.
Step 5: Review and Sign Training Plan
- Confirm each phase question is answered with two to three sentences or bullet points. (The plan must be specific and clear and cannot include “see previous phase” or “tbd”.)
- Confirm each phase is unique and builds upon the previous phase(s). (The plan cannot encompass more than 20% clerical tasks.)
- Complete the following when you’re ready to submit the training plan:
- Confirm that each phase is digitally signed by the phase supervisor listed. (The phase supervisor for each phase will sign by clicking the “Sign Phase” button.)
- Sign the Host Employer Agreement. (This will only be permitted once all phases are signed and the rest of the training plan is complete.)
- Ensure that the status of the training plan has changed to “Submitted”.
- NOTE: After the training plan is submitted, the intern or trainee will receive notification that they may now sign the plan. Once he or she signs the plan, it will be ready for review by InterExchange. If you need to make adjustments to phases after signing, please contact InterExchange. If we approve the training plan and overall program, you will be able to download a copy of the fully executed training plan from your online application at that time.