The Christianson Grant is awarded to motivated young Americans who create and carry out their own meaningful service projects abroad. Grantees also share their experiences via regular blog posts about their project and a completion report in order to further international understanding and promote cultural awareness.
As a grant applicant, you should showcase your specific skill-sets and the tangible, sustainable contribution you will make to a community abroad.
Proposed programs must be at least six months in length and emphasize a work, internship, and/or volunteer component.
$2,500 - $10,000
(Depending on location and duration of project)
Grant applicants must be
- U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents
- Between the ages of 18 and 28
- Participating in a work, internship, or volunteer abroad program*
- Committed to a program duration abroad of at least six months
- Willing to submit blog posts during their project and a written report upon completion
*The grant does not support independent research projects or academic study abroad programs. Projects must not be part of a degree requirement or for class credit.