The Christianson Grant is awarded to individuals who have arranged their own work abroad programs. Proposed programs must be at least six months in length and emphasize a work component. The grant program does not support independent research projects or academic study abroad programs.
Application Deadlines: March 15, July 15 and October 15
Grant applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents
- Between the ages of 18 and 28
- Participating in a work, internship or volunteer abroad program*
- Committed to a program duration of at least six months
- Willing to submit a written report upon completion of their program
* International work must not be part of a degree requirement or for class credit.
Christianson Grants are awarded three times a year. Applications must be submitted via the online form and received by March 15, July 15 or October 15.
Apply Here: Online application
- Project/program details
- Detailed budget (including proof of ALL fees)
- Personal essay - A short essay (one to two pages) that answers the question provided on the grant application
- Supplemental essay - A brief essay (two to three paragraphs) that answers a question provided on the grant application
- Two signed letters of recommendation from academic instructors and/or employers (submitted to [email protected] by recommender)
- Resume (no longer than one page)
- Photocopy of valid U.S. passport or permanent resident card
- $50 non-refundable application fee - please make a note that payment is for the Christianson Grant in the "comments" section
Grant awards are merit based. Grant recipients will be notified approximately six to eight weeks after each grant deadline. Grants are disbursed to award recipients in two installments. The first installment is disbursed once the recipient’s arrival has been confirmed by a supervisor. The second installment is disbursed upon receipt of a completion report.