Did you have a life-changing experience on the Work Travel Program in Summer 2018? Would you like to return to the same employer in Summer 2019, and already have a job offer?
InterExchange is offering direct sponsorship to eligible repeat participants for Summer 2019. Apply directly with InterExchange and experience our exceptional customer service, fast processing times, and affordable prices.
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility For Direct Sponsorship
- You participated on the Work Travel Program in Summer 2018, and have a job offer to return to the same employer in Summer 2019.
- Meet the following requirements:
- You are between the ages of 18 and 28
- You are enrolled full-time and pursuing studies at accredited post-secondary, classroom-based, academic institutions physically located outside of the United States and have successfully completed at least one semester, or equivalent, of post-secondary academic study.
- You are sufficiently proficient in English to successfully interact in an English-speaking environment verified by a mandatory and documented video conference interview.
- You have the intention to participate in the cultural aspects of the Summer Work Travel Program.
Step 2: Create Application and Upload Required Supporting Documents
Create your account in the InterExchange Online Application and upload required documents.
- Complete all fillable sections of the application. Remember that your dates of participation are based on program dates mandated by the U.S. Department of State and can be found on their website or on our website.
- Upload all of the required supporting documents.
- Passport Copy (must be valid through program dates)
- Proof of student status from university
- Submit your application, including entering your Job Offer.
Step 3: Submit Payment
- Submit payment of $1000 USD, which includes InterExchange program fees, SEVIS, insurance for the duration of your program, and shipping costs for your visa sponsorship forms. It will say "Payment Received" in the Payment section of your dashboard within one to two business days of submitting payment.
- If you cancel for any reason you will be refunded the full $1000 USD.
Step 4: Schedule Your Interview With InterExchange Staff
- Once we have received confirmation of payment we will contact you to schedule your interview.
Step 5: Complete InterExchange Online Orientation
- Complete the mandatory InterExchange Work & Travel USA online orientation which you can access in your InterExchange Online Application account.
Step 6: Host Employer Job Vetting
- InterExchange will vet your job offer for approval according to program guidelines and regulations: InterExchange Host Employer job vetting guidelines.
Step 7: Receive Job Confirmation and Forms
- You will receive job confirmation in your InterExchange Online Application
- You will receive your visa sponsorship forms in the mail
Step 8: Schedule Your Visa Appointment at the Embassy/Consulate
- You will receive an email with important pre-departure information and your SEVIS ID number.
- Complete your DS-160 form and schedule your visa appointment at the embassy or consulate on the embassy website. Use the details from your confirmation email; it is not necessary to wait for your acceptance packet to arrive to start this process. Be sure to check for visa appointment and processing wait times.
- We will ship you an acceptance packet via UPS. Please review all additional program information and documents, including your DS-2019 Form, which you must bring with you when you apply for a visa.
Step 9: Attend Your Visa Interview & Prepare for Departure!
- Collect all documents required by the embassy or consulate where you will apply.
- Attend your visa interview and receive your visa.
- Review your participant handbook, insurance information, and other pre-departure materials provided in the acceptance packet.
- Finalize your travel arrangements. Remember to enter your visa interview date, visa result, and flight information in your online application here.
- Depart for the USA!