InterExchange is proud to support the U.S. Department of State's Our Ocean campaign.
The Our Ocean campaign aims to support sustainable fisheries, combat marine pollution, create Marine Protected Areas, and address climate-related impacts on the ocean. Secretary of State John Kerry will host the 2016 Our Ocean Conference in Washington, D.C. on September 15 to 16.
We encourage our community of hosts and participants to get involved in the efforts to protect our planet's oceans. Tag your activities on social media with #OurOcean, #RouteJ1, and #IEXCulture!
Please join InterExchange for an Our Ocean event hosted in your area. Note that space is limited for some events. Be sure to reserve your spot!
How You Can Get Involved
Learn About the Ocean's Beauty
- Visit a local aquarium to learn about the treasures of the ocean, the threats it faces and what you can do to keep it healthy.
Make Environmentally Conscientious Decisions
- Recycle, compost, use alternative transportation (bicycling, walking, carpooling).
- Choose reusable shopping bags instead of disposable plastic bags.
Choose Ocean-Friendly Seafood
- When you buy seafood, ask where and how your seafood was caught or farmed (choose sustainable fishing or farming options). This shows seafood vendors that their customers care where their seafood comes from and how it affects the environment.
- Join a local beach, river, lake or wetland cleanup.
- Share how you joined the Our Ocean campaign! Use #OurOcean, #RouteJ1, and #IEXCulture on social media.
We're pleased to share this collection of articles related to the Our Ocean initiative.