Intern or Train Again!
Repeat participation for interns is allowed with some conditions:
- The candidate is still a student or has graduated within 12 months of the new program start date.
- The candidate returned to school for at least one term before applying for another intern visa.
- In most cases, applicants will not be permitted to return to the same host employer. The maximum time an intern can train with a host is 12 months.
Repeat participation as a trainee is allowed with some conditions:
- The participant resides outside of the U.S. or its territories for at least 2 years after the end of the previous J-1 Internship or Training program.
- In most cases, applicants will not be permitted to return to the same host employer. The maximum time a trainee can train with a host is 18 months (or 12 months in the fields of hospitality and tourism.)
- Please contact us to discuss each applicant’s particular situation before submitting additional applications for the same employer.