How it works
You’ll enjoy dedicated support from the moment you sign up.
1. Sign up and submit
- Sign up and submit an application with InterExchange, paying a $100 deposit (this goes towards your final program fee). We’ll contact you with your next steps, including guidelines for completing the government of Australia application.
2. Obtaining the Australia Work and Holiday Visa
- Obtaining the Australia Work and Holiday Visa can be done online. It’s an important step in making sure that you’re able to work when you arrive, and stay in Australia for up to a year (with the possibility to extend). When applying you’ll need to pay a AUD $510 fee to the government.
3. Let us know once your visa is approved
4. Confirm your program preferences
5. Pay the balance
6. Receive a booking confirmation and resources
7. Book your flights
8. Arrive in Australia
9. Enjoy your arrival package
- 18-30 years old
- U.S. Citizen
- High school graduate
- Job pre-placement service: $145
- Surf camp add-on including 2 extra nights in Sydney and 4 nights at Surf Camp location by Seven-Mile Beach: $545
- Additional nights of accommodation in Sydney (including breakfast): $30
- Airport shuttle upon arrival
- Four nights of accommodation including breakfast (additional nights can be added optionally)
- Orientation session covering the job search, traveling, and more
- Personal consultation regarding your job search
- Activities including a beach walk and city tour
- Members’ lounge in Sydney
- Resume review
- Help setting up your bank account, tax ID, and local phone service
- Mail holding and forwarding services
- Pre-departure and alumni support
- Australia’s mininum wage is AUD $21.38/hour. Based on Australia’s laws, individuals under 21 can be paid less but there is a high demand for seasonal employees so there are normally many opportunities to earn upwards of AUD $22/hour.
- Some jobs may adjust pay if accommodation is included, for example at resorts. In such cases, the accommodation provided is usually much more afforable than booking your own.
- Please note that it can take a few weeks to get set up with a job and you will want to have ample time to travel and enjoy Australia! Please budget accordingly.