It matters to us that sustainability matters to you: Include a brief “Sustainability Matters” message when you apply (250 words or less), describing what this program will mean for you and your broader academic or career goals, and we'll pay for half of your program!
- Discounted price with “Sustainability Matters” message included in your application: $1147.50
- Regular price: $2,295
- Deadline: October 31, 2019 (extended!)
- Spaces remaining: 7
InterExchange Sustain Grant
We award a limited number of grants for participants in the Sustainable Action program. Our Sustain Grant covers the full program fee, insurance, and expedited passport fees up to $250 (if necessary). Grant recipients must cover their flight costs, as well as other personal expenditures on the program.
Sustain Grant Criteria
- 18 years or older at program start date
- U.S. citizen
- High school graduate
- Studying (or planning to study) Ecology, Sustainability, Urban Planning, Climate Change, Conservation, or other fields related to social and/or environmental sustainability. If your field of study or major is not mentioned here, but will have a strong focus on sustainability, you can still apply. You’ll need to tell us specifically how your studies relate to sustainability
- Enrolled full time at a U.S. community college or 4-year university
- If you are on a gap year, you must be enrolled to begin in Fall 2019 or Winter 2020
- Passing Grade Point Average (in high school, as well as college if applicable)
- Family income of $100,000 or less
- The Sustainable Action program would be your first substantial international exchange/travel abroad experience
To apply you must meet the criteria listed above and submit:
- An essay as to how the issue of sustainability and the UN Sustainable Development Goals fit into your personal and educational goals.
- One reference from teacher/professor
- One character reference from non-relative
If you are eligible for the Sustain Grant, please indicate "yes" when applying for the program. An InterExchange staff member will then follow up to discuss the opportunity with you.
Once we've processed your application, a deposit of $750 will be due within 7 days to confirm your participation. The remaining program fee will be due 35 days prior to the program start date (December 1, 2018).
Upon cancellation, the following charges will be non-refundable:
- 65 days or less prior to departure date: the deposit
- 35 days or less prior to departure date: 100% of program fee