Upload the items listed below to your online application.
- Character Reference [PDF]
- Child Care Reference (x2) [PDF]
- At least two, with child care hours adding up to at least 200.
- Program Specific Application [PDF]
- Photos (3-4)
- Upload a few photos to give prospective hosts a sense of you who you are. Photos from child care roles are great, but not required.
- Dear Host Family Letter
- Short intro letter to prospective host families describing experience, interests, and motivation for joining the program.
Optional but Recommended: Self-Intro Video
- Share a short (30 to 60 seconds) self-introduction video on YouTube. Be creative!
After you apply, you will need to provide the following additional documents:
Medical Report [PDF]
Passport Picture Page Copy (Your passport must be valid at least 6 months past your proposed program end date.)
Background Check: Once accepted, you’ll be invited to submit to a criminal background check, which can be done online (this is free for you). Au Pair Australia participants must also complete a Working with Children Check in Australia (host families and the program provider in Australia will provide further information on this process upon arrival). Fees for the Working with Children Check may vary between AUD $70 and $120.
Proof of Travel Health Insurance: Before traveling, all participants must possess travel medical insurance that includes evacuation/repatriation coverage. You may wait until your placement is confirmed before emailing us proof of coverage.
Visa information: You will need to apply for a Work and Holiday (462) visa after you are matched with a host family. We will provide further instructions once your placement is finalized.
Most Recent Diploma: You will need to provide a copy of your high school or college diploma for the visa application.
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to download and view these materials. Install Adobe Reader for free.