Upload the ten items listed below to your online application.
- Au Pair Agreement [PDF]
- Character Reference [PDF]
- Child Care Reference (x2) [PDF]
- At least two, with child care hours adding up to at least 200.
- Program Specific Application [PDF]
- Medical Report [PDF]
- Driver’s License
- Most Recent Diploma
- High school or college diploma (if not finished high school you may upload a recent unofficial transcript).
- Passport Picture Page Copy
- If you do not yet have your passport, please upload the receipt indicating you've applied for one.
- Photo Collage
- Please upload a few photos to give prospective hosts a sense of who you are.
- Photos from child care roles are great, but not required.
- Dear Host Family Letter
- One-page intro letter to prospective families describing experience, interests, motivations, etc.
Optional but Recommended: Self-Intro Video
- Share a short (30 to 60 seconds) self-introduction video on YouTube. Be creative!
After You Apply
Background Check: Once accepted, you will will be invited to submit to a criminal background check, the cost of which is usually around $17, but can be higher in places with mandatory court fees, including New York State (where fees can be around $80 or more). Au Pair Australia participants must also complete a Working with Children Check in Australia (host families and the program provider in Australia can provide further information on this process). Fees may vary between $70 and $120.
Proof of Insurance: Before traveling, all participants must possess international accident and sickness insurance that includes evacuation/repatriation coverage. You may wait until your placement is confirmed before emailing us proof of coverage.
Visa Information: You will need to apply for a Work and Holiday (462) visa after you are matched with a host family. We will provide further instructions once your placement is finalized. Read more here.
If you have questions or need assistance completing your application please contact us at [email protected] or call 1.800.597.3675
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to download and view these materials. Click here to install Adobe Reader (free).