Upload the ten items listed below to your online application.
- Au Pair Agreement [PDF]
- Child Care Reference (x2) [PDF]
- At least two, with child care hours adding up to at least 200.
- Character Reference [PDF] (Optional)
- Program Specific Application [PDF]
- Medical Report [PDF]
- Driver’s License
- Most Recent Diploma
- High school or college diploma (if not finished high school you may upload a recent unofficial transcript).
- Passport Picture Page Copy
- If you don't have your passport yet, please upload the receipt indicating you've applied for one.
- Upload a few photos as a document or PDF to give prospective hosts a sense of who you are. Photos from child care roles are great, but not required.
- Dear Host Family Letter
- Short intro letter to prospective families describing experience, interests, etc.
Optional but Recommended: Self-Intro Video
- Share a short (30 to 60 seconds) self-introduction video on YouTube. Be creative!
After You Apply
Background Check: Once accepted, you'll be invited to submit to a criminal background check, which can be done online. Au Pair Australia participants must also complete a Working with Children Check in Australia (host families and the program provider in Australia will provide further information on this process upon arrival). Fees for the Working with Children Check may vary between AUD $70 and $120.
Proof of Insurance: Before traveling, all participants must possess international accident and sickness insurance that includes evacuation/repatriation coverage. You may wait until your placement is confirmed before emailing us proof of coverage.
Visa Information: You will need to apply for a Work and Holiday (462) visa after you are matched with a host family. We will provide further instructions once your placement is finalized. Read more here.
If you have questions or need assistance completing your application please contact us at [email protected] or call 1.800.597.3675
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to download and view these materials. Click here to install Adobe Reader (free).