- Pre-departure, in-country and alumni support
- Screened host family matching
- Arrival orientation for Sydney placements
- Stipend of AUD $200-360 per week provided by host family
- End-of-program bonus of AUD $500 provided by host family
- Meals and private room provided by host family
- Live orientation for Sydney-area participants
- Optional meet-ups with other au pairs
- Childcare guide and other resources
- Inclusion in our Facebook group for participants in Australia
- InterExchange t-shirt
Matching, Free Extension, and Travel
We offer an easy, online process to match you with your host family before you travel. Most applicants connect with a few potential families before committing to a family. Your initial placement is for 6 months, but some participants decide to extend their time with the first family for an additional 6 months (optional and based on discussion with the family). We can also help you with a second 6-month host family match, for no extra cost.
Your visa allows you to travel and work in Australia for up to one year. If you’d like to travel after your 6-month au pair placement, that’s totally all right! Your visa also lets you work in other, seasonal jobs, in case you want to try something different after au pairing. In Australia you’ll have travel advice available and the chance to win travel credits!
Connecting with other au pairs
Before traveling we’ll invite you to join our Facebook group for participants in Australia. Once you arrive, our Australian partner agency can connect you with their large network of international au pairs. They offer periodic activities as a way to meet.