Upload the items listed below to your online application.
- Character Reference [PDF]
- Child Care Reference (x2) [PDF]
- At least two, with child care hours adding up to at least 200
- Program Specific Application [PDF]
- Photos (3-4)
- Upload a few photos to give prospective hosts a sense of you who you are. Photos from child care roles are great, but not required.
- Dear Host Family Letter
- Short intro letter to prospective host families describing experience, interests, and motivation for joining the program. If you can write this in French, that’s ideal but not required.
Optional but Recommended: Self-Intro Video
- Share a short (30 to 60 seconds) self-introduction video on YouTube. Be creative!
After you apply, you will need to provide the following additional documents:
Medical Report [PDF]
Most Recent Diploma (High school or college diploma. If you haven’t finished high school, you may upload a recent unofficial transcript)
Passport Picture Page Copy (Your passport must be valid at least 6 months past your proposed program end date.)
Background Check: Once accepted, you’ll be invited to submit to a criminal background check, which can be done online (this is free for you).
Visa information: For placements exceeding 90 days, you must apply for a visa after you’re matched with a family. In order to obtain a visa, additional documentation may be required. Once you’re matched, we’ll provide information to help you with this process.
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to download and view these materials. Install Adobe Reader for free.