Upload the nine items listed below to your online application.
- Character Reference [PDF]
- Child Care Reference (x2) [PDF]
- At least two, with child care hours adding up to at least 200.
- Program Specific Application [PDF]
- Medical Report [PDF]
- Driver’s License
- Most Recent Diploma
- High school or college diploma (if not finished high school you may upload a recent unofficial transcript).
- Passport Picture Page Copy
- If you do not yet have your passport, please upload the receipt indicating you've applied for one.
- Must be valid for at least six months beyond the end of your stay.
- Please upload a few photos to give prospective hosts a sense of who you are.
- Photos from child care roles are great, but not required.
- Dear Host Family Letter
- One-page intro letter handwritten in French to prospective host families describing experience, interests, motivations, etc.
Long-term applicants must upload these additional documents
- Resume (South of France only)
- Must be in French.
- Transcript Copy
- If you have a transcript showing a French course of any level, please upload.
- Otherwise, please upload something indicating that you have learned some French. This can include a note from an instructor or a print-out from an online learning program. If you have none of these, please contact us.
Optional but Recommended: Self-Intro Video
- Share a short (30 to 60 seconds) self-introduction video on YouTube. Be creative!
After You Apply
Background Check: Once accepted you will will be invited to submit to a criminal background check, the cost of which is usually around $20, but can be higher in places with mandatory court fees, including New York.
Proof of Insurance: Before traveling, all participants must possess international accident and sickness insurance that includes evacuation/repatriation coverage. You may wait until your placement is confirmed before emailing us proof of coverage.
Visa Information: (For long-term programs only) For placements exceeding 90 days, you must apply for a visa after you are matched with a family. In order to obtain a visa, additional documentation is usually required. Depending on the jurisdiction of your placement, this can include translations of your diploma or transcripts, a resume written in French, and/or a birth certificate. Once your placement is confirmed we will let you know which documents are required.
If you have questions or need assistance completing your application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.597.3675
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to download and view these materials. Click here to install Adobe Reader (free).