Upload the ten items listed below to your online application.
- Au Pair Agreement [PDF]
- Character Reference [PDF]
- Child Care Reference (x2) [PDF]
- At least two, with child care hours adding up to at least 200.
- Important Information [PDF]
- Medical Report [PDF]
- Must be hand signed and stamped.
- Driver’s License
- Most Recent Diploma
- High school or college diploma (if not finished high school you may upload a recent unofficial transcript).
- Passport Booklet Copy
- The Netherlands requires scans of all pages (standard U.S. passports have 32), even blank pages. Please upload as one document.
- Must be valid for at least six months beyond the end of your stay.
- If you do not yet have your passport, please upload the receipt indicating you've applied for one.
- Upload a few photos as a document or PDF to give prospective hosts a sense of who you are. Photos from child care roles are great, but not required.
- Dear Host Family Letter
- Short intro letter to prospective host families describing experience, interests, etc.
Optional but Recommended: Self-Intro Video
- Share a short (30 seconds) video self-introduction. This is just another way to introduce yourself to potential hosts in a more personal way. The best way to do this is to publish a private video to YouTube and share the link with your application.
After You Apply
Background Check: Once accepted you will will be invited to submit to a criminal background check, which can be done online.
Visa Information: The Dutch program provider will organize your visa documents in advance of your arrival, but before traveling you must pay the visa fee (currently €283), for which you will be reimbursed upon successful completion of a 10-12 month program. After arriving you must validate your temporary residence permit that allows you to live and work as an au pair for a maximum of 12 months. Your host family will assist you with this procedure.
Obtain Apostille for Birth Certificate: Once you are matched with a host family, you will need to obtain a birth certificate with an apostille to bring to the Netherlands. Each state has its own procedure to obtain an apostille. Please contact your birth state's Secretary of State for more information. The apostille should be no more than three months old when you travel.
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to download and view these materials. Click here to install Adobe Reader (free).