Upload the nine items listed below to your online application.
- Character Reference [PDF]
- Child Care Reference (x2) [PDF]
- At least two, with child care hours adding up to at least 200.
- Program Specific Application [PDF]
- Medical Report [PDF]
- Driver’s License
- Passport Picture Page Copy
- Must be valid for at least six months beyond the end of your stay.
- If you do not yet have your passport, please upload the receipt indicating you’ve applied for one.
- Upload a few photos as a document or PDF to give prospective hosts a sense of who you are. Photos from child care roles are great, but not required.
- Dear Host Family Letter
- Short introductory letter to prospective host families describing your childcare experience, interests, etc.
Optional but Recommended: Self-Intro Video
- Share a short (30 to 60 seconds) self-introduction video on YouTube. Be creative!
After You Apply
Background Check: Once accepted you will will be invited to submit to a criminal background check, which can be done online.
Proof of Insurance: Before traveling, all participants must possess international accident and sickness insurance that includes evacuation/repatriation coverage. You may wait until your placement is confirmed before emailing us proof of coverage.
Visa Information: You will need to apply for a Working Holiday visa online after you are matched with a host family. It is free for U.S. citizens to apply and obtain this visa. We will provide you with further instructions once your placement is finalized. Read more here.
Most Recent Diploma: You will need to provide a copy of your high school or college diploma for your visa application.
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to download and view these materials.