Embark on your internship in the U.S. and expand your global network while having the adventure of a lifetime! Using our streamlined system, you can quickly and easily be approved for J-1 Visa sponsorship and complete a professional internship in the U.S.

For over 50 years, InterExchange has facilitated thousands of J-1 Visa programs, and we'll be here to help you every step of the way.


You must first find your own internship or training position at an eligible U.S. company. Our program will provide you the opportunity to gain international experience in the U.S., which will help advance your career in your home country.

  • You must be currently enrolled full-time in, or recently graduated from, a degree- or professional certificate-program in a college, university, or other post-secondary academic institution outside the U.S.
  • Internships must be directly related to your academic field of study.
  • You must have a degree or professional certificate from a college, university or other post-secondary academic institution outside the U.S. and at least one year of related professional experience from outside the U.S. OR have at least 5 years professional experience from outside the U.S.
  • Training program must be related to your non-U.S. professional work experience.
U.S. Department of State-Designated J-1 Visa Sponsor
Alliance for International Exchange
The International Coalition for Global Education and Exchange
European-American Chamber of Commerce New York
Global Ties U.S.
International Au Pair Association
WYSE Travel Confederation