All program participants must upload the following documents:
NOTE: All documents below must be in English or accompanied by an official English translation.
- Passport Photo Page: Copy of passport photo page (passport must be valid at least six months past program end date)
- Proof of Funds: All of your sources of funding should amount to at least $1500 per month of your program. If you will not be paying for housing, the total should amount to at least $750 per month of your program. Proof of funds can be any of the following:
- A copy of the InterExchange Proof of Funds template
- A copy of your bank statement or a bank letter indicating your available balance. This should be no older than 90 days.
- A copy of a parent/guardian/spouse’s bank statement or a bank letter from the past three months indicating their available balance and a letter indicating that they will support you financially
- A letter from your school, government, or home country employer indicating any financial support being offered to you while you are in the U.S.
- Full Program Fees: Full program fees are required before InterExchange can begin reviewing your application. You will also be required to pay the program and insurance fees for each dependent at the time of the application. Once your payment is verified by InterExchange, we will mark your record as “paid.” Then, if you and your host employer have completed the required sections, the “submit” button will become active.
Additional Required Supplemental Documents:
Review the following to see which additional documents you must submit in order to complete your application. You may add as many additional documents as necessary by clicking on the "Add Another Document" button in your documents section.
|Proof of Student Status: If you are a current student, upload a copy of the InterExchange Proof of Student Status template. If your academic institution will not complete this form, you must attach a signed letter on official institution letterhead verifying the same information||Previous Employment Verification Letter: Applicants with a degree must document a minimum of one year of directly related full-time work experience outside the U.S. and applicants without a degree must document a minimum of five years. You should upload as many letters that you need to document your related experience.|
|Proof of Graduation: If you are a recent graduate, upload a copy of degree/certificate from a post-secondary (not high school) academic institution outside the U.S. indicating that you have graduated.||Please have a supervisor from your current/former employer complete the InterExchange Previous Employment Verification Letter template and attach their business card. If your employer will not sign this form, you must upload a signed letter on official company letterhead verifying the same information.|
|Academic Transcript: ALL Intern applicants, must upload a copy of official transcript from a post-secondary academic institution outside the U.S. A transcript is a document indicating the courses you have taken, grades received, dates of enrollment, and degrees conferred. Digital copies may be permitted provided that your biographical information is clearly indicated on the form.||Proof of Graduation: If you are applying as a trainee and have received a degree, upload a copy of degree/certificate from a post-secondary (not high school) academic institution outside the U.S. indicating that you have graduated.|
Applicants who have previously completed a J-1 Intern or Trainee program:
- Previous DS-7002 Copy: Copy of DS-7002 from any previous J-1 Intern or Trainee programs.
Applicants who would like to bring dependents:
- Dependent Passport Copy: Copy of passport photo page for each dependent (passport must be valid at least 6 months past program end date).
- Dependent Agreement Form: Each dependent over the age of 18 will need to sign the Dependent Agreement Form.
Once you start your online application, ensure that you invite your Host Employer to complete the employer application. Your Host Employer will develop the DS-7002 Training/Internship Placement Plan (DS-7002 Form) within the online application, and both you and your employer will need to sign the plan digitally before you can submit your application. Your host employer will also be required to upload some documents before your application can be considered complete. At a minimum, your employer must upload:
- A copy of their Workers' Compensation Insurance certificate or proof of their exemption from maintaining a Workers' Compensation Insurance policy.
- A copy of their business license or registration if they do not have a DUNS number.