U.S. Government Regulations and Requirements
- Intern/Trainee J-1 Visa Program Regulations: The federal regulations governing this program.
- U.S. Department of State Exchange Visitor Program website
- InterExchange Career Training USA Online Orientation
- Exchange Visitor Program Participant Welcome Brochure [PDF] – An explanation of your responsibilities as an exchange visitor.
- Know Your Rights [PDF] - A summary of your rights as an exchange visitor and tips for staying safe.
- Clearing U.S. Customs and Border Protection Upon Arrival in the U.S.
- New Form I-94 Arrival and Departure Procedure [PDF]
- J-2 Dependent Employment Information – Information regarding how J-2 dependents may seek employment in the U.S. during your internship/training program.
- More resources about Government & SEVIS
Social Security Information
- Social Security Office Locator
- Application for Social Security Card
- Foreign Workers and Social Security Numbers
- Employer Responsibilities When Hiring Foreign Workers