There are a range of course formats to choose from:
Online (1-2 hours/day)
- Online classes via Zoom are available individually or in small groups. Group classes are held Monday through Friday 7:00AM – 7:00PM CST and Saturday 7:00AM – 12:00PM CST, and private classes are scheduled based on your availability and your teacher's availability. A great option for those who can't travel (or can't travel yet)!
Small group (2-4 hours/day)
- Small group classes have a maximum of 8 students and usually less. Classes take place Monday - Friday for a total of 10-20 hours/week. Your group assignment will be determined by a brief placement exam Monday morning.
Private (2-4 hours/day)
- Private lessons are more intensive and good if you have specific learning goals. Your instructor will work with you on your target areas for improvement.
- This option includes 4 hours of group classes plus 2 hours of private classes each day for a total of 30 hours/week. You’ll be able to connect with other students in group classes while being able to focus on more specific learning goals during private classes.
Note regarding group classes: In the unlikely event that you are the only student at your level, any two hours of group lessons will be replaced with one hour of private lessons. This is rare.
- Pickup from San Jose airport on Sunday (extra night Saturday included for Manuel Antonio)
- Public bus ticket to Quepos for programs in Manuel Antonio
- Orientation and brief language placement exam meeting Monday morning
- Language classes Monday through Friday
- Language exchanges and social activities
- 24-hour emergency line
- Pre-departure and alumni support