Upload the seven items listed below to your online application.
- Program Specific Application [PDF]
- Character Reference [PDF]
- Medical Report [PDF]
- Dear Host Family Letter
- One-page intro letter (English or French) to prospective families describing experience, interests, motivations, etc.
- Diploma or Transcripts
- Passport Picture Page Copy
- Must be valid at least six months beyond the end of your program.
- If you don't have a passport yet, please upload the receipt indicating you've applied for one.
- Photo Collage
- Please upload a few photos to give prospective hosts a sense of who you are.
- Photos from child care or tutoring roles are great, but not required.
Optional but Recommended: Self-Intro Video
- Share a short (30 to 60 seconds) self-intro video on YouTube. Be creative!
After You Apply
Background Check: Once accepted you will be invited to submit to a criminal background check, which can be done online.
Proof of Insurance: Before traveling, all participants must possess international accident and sickness insurance that includes evacuation/repatriation coverage. You may wait until your placement is confirmed before emailing us proof of coverage.
Visa Information: You don't need to apply for a visa. As a U.S. citizen, you'll simply enter the Schengen Area, which includes France, with your valid U.S. passport as a tourist and will be allowed to stay for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to download and view these materials. Click here to install Adobe Reader (free).