What to Expect
- Schools are in safe locations and vetted to ensure your contract is honored.
- You’ll have a dedicated school coordinator with English proficiency.
- Most placements are at the secondary level (grades 7-12).
- Prepare to have a mix of English-langauge ability in your classes.
School Placement Process
- If you have a grade or location preference, indicate this in your personal statement.
- Schools ultimately do the hiring, so we can’t guarantee you’ll receive your preferences.
- You’ll receive one school invitation. If you choose to decline the school’s invitation to hire you, we don’t look for another school.
Living in Thailand
Thailand is well known for its beautiful landscapes, delicious food, and kind citizens. That said, living and working abroad can be challenging and it’s important to prepare for immersion in a culture very different from your own. The more open-minded, flexible, and adaptable you are, the more you will thrive.
Pre-departure, you’ll receive resources to learn more about Thai culture and during orientation you’ll learn tips about living and working in Thailand.
The Teaching Role
- Your focus will be helping students with speaking and listening skills.
- Some schools have a specific curriculum and textbook for you to follow; others give you the freedom to shape the topics.
- You’ll receive sample lesson plans and you’ll have a chance to connect with your school coordinator before you leave the U.S. to learn more about your role and the school.
- During orientation, you’ll receive teaching tips and have an opportunity to practice teach.
- 35-40 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
- Roughly 20 hours will be in the classroom teaching.
- The remaining 20 hours are for tasks related to teaching, such as lesson planning.
- You’ll have weekends and public holidays to travel.
- Thailand has several cultural festivals, and is filled with beautiful landscapes, temples, and delicious food.
- Some participants link up with each other to explore. You’ll connect at orientation and via our Facebook group for teachers in Thailand.