- $55 for WWOOF Membership (optional add-on)
Other costs to consider
- Visa ($485 AUD)
- Travel medical insurance
- Personal support funds ($5,000 AUD)
It’s important to have savings to cover costs, especially in the early part of your program before you have a paycheck. You can expect to pay roughly $200 AUD weekly for a shared room in an apartment. The support team in Melbourne and Sydney can help with housing in those two cities.
- The minimum wage is AUD $18.93 but many jobs pay a good bit more than this
- Certain jobs (like farm work or resort work) may adjust pay if housing is included
- The easiest jobs to find are short-term with no experience required (e.g. warehouse work, event set-up, and certain hospitality and retail positions)
- You’re welcome to job-hunt in your chosen field. For professional development, another approach is to pick up casual work while networking and doing site visits in your field. It’s important to stay open to the more casual, seasonal work if you want to start earning money soon after arrival.
- Participants who regularly engage with the jobs team typically find their first short-term position within 1-2 weeks.
- Our Australian partner agency has expertise in Melbourne and Sydney, but their jobs database covers the whole of Australia.